Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend



I picked up Landon early from school on Friday and we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 - it was cute and I had a good time spending quality time just me and Landon. 

My sister, brother-in-law and niece came out for the weekend - my niece will be staying for the month of June - she's going to watch Landon.  Kip and Jill came out for the mud run - which turned out to be a great event.  Kip came in first in his heat, even after some crazy stuff with his "team."  It was definitely interesting...Jill and I are ready to sign up for the next one! 

We went to the pool one day - but it was too cold - overcast and windy and Kenzie cried pretty much the whole time we were there.

Jill and I  (and Landon) did the Astro's run on Monday.  All hills!  I had no idea.  And am pretty sure I will not register for it again, ever. It was an okay run - just not what I expected.  Landon did the kids run and was so happy to get a medal.  We hung out there for awhile, got our free tickets (for the week Mom and Jill come back) and then took Jill/Kip to the airport.  After that, it was long naps for everyone.

Landon was very excited to tell me (several times) that he wouldn't be getting in the car this morning since he didn't have to go to school.
Kenzie didn't seem to mind that brother wasn't in the car - but I know she'll be looking for him this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment