Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Off to Day Care

Well, yesterday was Landon's first day of daycare. The teachers are great, and there are so many cute little kids there. He started the day off with a good breakfast, then Dad gave him a bath while Mom got ready. He was wide awake, talking and laughing all morning. He fell asleep on the way and stayed asleep while we handed him over to Miss Inez. And I only cried once I got to the car...just for a little bit, okay, the whole way to work, but I made it through the day okay.

I picked Landon up around 4:30, he was wide awake, and looked like he may have been awake the whole day. He talked and played with us until about 7, when he zonked out. Bryan finally had to wake him up at midnight to eat. I think he definitely had a full day. He was up again this morning, bright eyed and talking. But was pretty sleepy by the time I left him in his crib at school.

We should get internet access to the day care sometime this week. Its probably a good thing I can't see his first few days…I'd probably be over there as soon as I saw him cry (I know you're all laughing because you know he doesn't cry.)

He also had his first play date this weekend. Bryan, Landon and I met our friends Sandy and her son, and Kim and her daughter out at Kemah. Of course, Landon slept while the other two rode the Merry-Go-Round, the airplanes and the train.

I can't believe how big he's getting. Bryan measured him…he's around nine pounds and 23 inches now. Almost out of size newborn clothes. I look back at his first pictures and can't believe he isn't that small anymore. He's definitely putting on a little chubbiness. His smiles and little ga-ga's are just so cute. He'll be saying his A-B-Cs in no time.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww glad he's doing well at daycare and you are doing well with him there! Wow at how big he's getting, before you know it they are talking and walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I feel for you. I am already dreading leaving my baby girl at daycare when I go back to work in August.

    ReplyDelete