Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cry It Out

So, first let me say, I hate to hear my baby cry. Second let me say, we (Landon and I) both need to get better sleep.

Last night we started our night time ritual. Dinner, bath, bottle, rocking, bed. I rocked him and put him in his crib awake, without a paci. Let him cry 5 minutes, then checked on him. Patted and tickled his head for a minute or so, then left. Then we were going to wait 10 minutes, but he feel asleep in the 8th minute.

He then woke up crying around 4:30, checked on him after 5 minutes. Then waited 10 minutes, Bryan went in and let landon play with his hair (that's landon's new favorite thing, he loves to just let your hair tickle his hand.) And he fell asleep.

He woke up this morning at 7, so I went and got him, changed his diaper, stretched him out and I was going to take him to feed him breakfast, but he fell asleep! He slept another hour or so.

No paci all night - and I got sleep. Hopefully tonight goes as well as last night.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is fantabulous. Not the crying part of course, that is so hard, but him sleeping on his own. Great!!!! Good luck tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm officially 100% jealous. Just kidding.

    YAY for Landon, you have to get him to teach my baby how to do that! She's been getting up 3-4 times a night lately. It's horrible, she doesn't take a paci, I am the human pacifier. It's exhausting, reminds me of the "newborn" days.

    ReplyDelete