Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cold is back

Landon's cough is back and was pretty bad last night, so we made a doctor's appointment today. He weighed in at 17 pounds 3 ounces...which is almost a pound more than he weighed just two weeks ago! Doctor said his chest sounded okay, so she gave us a prescription to fill if anything got worse (fever, cough, breathing) this weekend. He feel asleep after we left and slept through lunch.

He's sleeping throught the night pretty well after giving up his 4:00 feeding. But he's gotten to wear he wants his face smushed up against the bumper (in his crib) or my pillow (in our bed.) Which makes me very nervous. I think I'll take out the bumber tonight.

Oh, and he's mastered the sippy cup. Right now he's just been drinking water with a little bit of sugar in it. Not sure if we should try the formula in there yet or what? I don't think he needs juice yet, either. Ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on sleeping through the night. Good idea in taking off the bumper. I read that bumpers are totally unnecessary anyway, though I put one on Lila's crib just for looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm jealous about him sleeping through the night. My turkey is in the habit of waking 2-3 times throughout. Must be that 6mos growth spurt.

    I can't believe he knows how to use a sippy cup! Smart boy. Ava has no idea what to do but to throw it on the floor :P I have given her some pear juice the odd time in it to try and get her used to it. I think it's more important that they get enough formula/breastfeeding in at this age.

    Hope he gets better soon!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having the same problems with congestion/cough with my little one, too. I think it is a Houston weather/pollution/pollen thing. :(

    ReplyDelete