Thursday, May 20, 2010

The blahs...

Bryan's in Virginia for the week.  It's actually gone by pretty quickly, thanks to swim lessons, gymnastics and a movie.

I'm almost 33.5 and miserable.  I don't remember being this way with Landon - but that's probably part of God's plan.  If you remembered the uncomfortable - not fun - painful parts of pregnancy, you'd never EVER have a second (or third or fourth) child.  I literally have no room.  I know I've mentioned this before - but you know the feeling when you've eaten too much food and you unbutton or unzip your pants and think - "ahhh" - yeah, well, I need to do that with my stomach.  Seriously.  There is no room.  I feel soooo full, like my stomach skin needs to stretch more, but it just won't.

I'm also to the point in pregnancy where I can not sleep.  I have to wake up to pee or turn over (which takes about 5 minutes) and then I'm wide awake for an hour.  I know that this is prepping me for after the baby gets here...but seriously, I'd rather slam shift it when the time comes. 

My feet are also swollen.  I know lots of women who've gotten swollen feet, and I'm sure mine aren't as bad as some, but its like my stomach - the skin just doesn't seem to stretch enough.  And did I mention the dizzy spells?

Okay, okay - enough complaining right?  I'm very excited to meet Ms Mackenzie.  I love looking at all her little clothes.  I have a few more blankets I need to get sewn (quickly!)  I love Landon patting my tummy or giving it a kiss.  I'm just ready for her to get here! 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! She will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. I felt like the second pregnancy was so much worse. But the second child is so much easier ;)

    ReplyDelete