Monday, February 27, 2006

Shower Weekend

Yesterday was great! Our friends hosted a shower at Nicole's house. The weather was perfect, and the house looked great.

Kim had made cookies (planes, puppies, and blocks), Scott made chocolate bars with volleyball nets, Bryan's boss's wife made a cute cake and there was tons of food.

I think someone said there were around 35+ people. It was really nice and we got great stuff for Landon. Nicole and Sandy went in together and got us a great jogging stroller. Danny got us a barnyard play mat, Greg got us our mobile for the crib. Bryan's work group bought us the car seat and an extra base. And from everyone else we got great things - sippy cups, toys, bibs, clothes, gift cards, all the great baby stuff! Oh, and Max & Melyssa made a neat UF Gator diaper wreath. And Bryan's parents bought us the mattress for the crib.

The whole day was really nice.

On Saturday, Bryan had a volleyball tournament in Alvin. They got second place (with out playoffs, but that's a long story.) It was freezing cold and raining all day Saturday, but we decided to head downtown for some PF Chang's. Bryan, Danny, Nicole and I ate like never before. We definitely put away some food. It was delicious! Then on the way home, Nicole and I were delirious from all the food...we laughed and laughed about everything. Sunday, Bryan and I worked on the yard, put out new mulch, Bryan mowed. And, sadly, have a horrible sun burn. Horrible. Usually I burn and the next day turn tan...oh no, I'm beet red. Ouch. Even the tops of my feet.

But it was a great weekend. Now it seems like its really time. Only six more weeks and just a few more things to complete our baby list. I'll have to post pictures of the shower here when I get some. It was really nicely put together. I think everyone had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you got a bunch of great things!~ what a help. It all comes in use. I can't wait to see some pictures. Not much longer now girl :)

    ReplyDelete