Monday, July 31, 2006

It's Our Anniversary

Yep, two years ago, today. Happy Anniversary to me! We don't really have any plans to celebrate, but I'm sure we'll come up with something. I think I'll wrap Landon up in a ribbon and bow and give that to Bryan.

We upgraded Landon's stroller status this week. We went to Babies R Us and bought the real deal, Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe. Landon LOVES facing forward. We went to the mall on Saturday - he took in all the people (yes, the mall was crazy and so were we for going on a Saturday.) It is heavier than our Graco Snap n Go, but an excellent stroller!

We also found barstools we liked at Garden Ridge. GR was having a buy one, get one half off. We found some we liked (finally) but they were on clearance, so we weren't sure if they'd give us the sale or not. There were only four left, two unopened boxes, one opened box and one already assembled. So we march up to the counter, as easy as you can march with a shopping cart, a barstool and a stroller. The kid rings up our sale and we head out. Guess what - he only rang up two!!! So we got four barstools for the price of two, clearance price on top of that. We're thinking we got this great deal, so we head home. Well, about 11 Saturday night we start putting the other ones together. Oh my gosh, the opened box - yeah, the seat screw holes were upside down - so to put the seat correctly on the back, it would have to go upside down. Not a big deal, Bry can drill different holes. We press on - yeah, two left legs. Two part Ds...where's the C? So more drilling. But we were able to fix everything and they are perfect with our living room furniture. We both realized we couldn't much complain, since it was free.

Cereal Report - Landon doesn't like it. Not on the spoon, not in the bottle, he doesn't like it Sam I am, he will not eat green eggs...I mean cereal. Is this normal? Can we just move on to veggies or should we keep trying the cereal for a while? He was so mad about the bottle last night. He'd suck it for a little bit, then realize what it was and clamp his mouth shut.

Oh, and I worked on my flower bed - or should I say weed bed. I should have taken a picture of it...it was almost to the point of just hoeing up the whole thing and starting over. I got probably 3/4 of it done, taking a break in the middle to help Bry with a diaper explosion (resulting in Landon's first big tub bath which he was terrified of.) Oh, and did I mention I have a horrible sunburn down the middle of my back where I didn't reach with the sunscreen? Yeah, stupid. Anybody over the age of 12 who doesn't put on sunscreen is just stupid.

Well, that's my weekend story. Oh, and our friend Alan called us. He's pretty much been MIA since our wedding (yes two years ago!) It was great to hear from him again.

K - that should be a record post for me. Good job if you got through it all - and if you have any advice on the cereal, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY~! :)

    I wish i had some advice for the cereal, I know my first child hated it. I did just move on to veggies, but waited till she was 5 mos old. I know that the green beans and peas she hated, so i'd put salt in it and she loved it! lol. I tasted it and said, hell I wouldn't eat that, so made it palatable to me and she ate it up.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! We hit 2 years just a week ago...marriage is great, isn't it?

    In Canada, they have switched the recommendations to 6-6.5 months before starting any cereals or solids of any kind because of an increase in childhood food allergies and readiness to learn the mouth-skills. It used to be 4-6 months for years but they retracted it in the last couple of years. Maybe he just isn't ready?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to start any solids yet, including cereal. If he still pushes his tongue out when he eats then he's not ready. Try it again at five months, and if not then they wait a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary :)

    Regarding solids... I started my daughter at 4 months because she was just so hungry and ready for it. She hated cereal as well, and rice cereal was the *worst* thing I could have ever given her, judging by her screams and constipation for 2 days. I just moved straight onto pureed vegies and fruit, and now at six months, eats just about everything I give her (she's not crazy on avocados or parsnip).

    ReplyDelete