Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sick Baby (again, I know.)

I got a call from day care yesterday afternoon saying Landon woke up with a fever (100.4) so I picked him up early and we headed home. I couldn't find any thermometers in our house except for the pacifier one we bought before he was born. He was pretty lethargic, so he didn't mind keeping it in his mouth. After some tylenol and a bottle it went down to 99...and he ended up taking another 2 hour nap.

He played most of the night, but wouldn't leave me...he had to be touching mama at all times. We ended up reading his books over and over cause he just wanted to sit in my lap. He still eating and drinking well, so there's at least that. He doesn't seem to be bothered by anything else. We gave him some more medicine and put him to bed...he woke up around 12, and I brought him to our bed...around 4, he rolled over on top of me and almost burned my skin off. He was so hot, poor baby. I finally found a thermometer - 102.8! More tylenol, lots of juice and a wet wash clothe. He went back to sleep...woke up crying this morning cause Mama wasn't in bed with him. His temp when I left the house this morning was 98, so hopefully he's getting over the fever.

I have pictures, I need to post...I'm supposed to go home at lunch and switch with Bryan, so maybe I'll get a chance to post them then.

Something else I've been meaning to blog about...Landon loves to eat my hair. I know, that sounds gross...he actually just sticks it in his mouth. He also LOVES to try to get me to eat it...or dad to eat it. Which he thinks is super hilarious. He's always played with my hair to go to sleep...but the mouth thing just started a couple weeks ago...

5 comments:

  1. poor baby! i hope he gets to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sick babies are no fun! I hope that he's feeling better soon. And that you guys don't get sick too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant to add something to my last comment, not delete it!

    Poor Landon! It seems like just when they get well, they catch something else.
    Hopefully it passes quickly!!!

    Also, so funny about the hair thing! Ellie used to like to pull on mine a lot and play with it, but now she pays it no attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh poor baby... I hope he feels better soon... Lorelei just pulls on my hair lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. feel better soon landon!!!

    ReplyDelete