Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cold Start

We got to Midland about 10 on Friday night. Landon did really well in the car, even though the trip was only 9 hours, it seems so much longer. Especially when we drive during the day and I don't get to sleep. (Bry didn't think that was so funny.)

Landon didn't sleep at all. I really mean, none, at all. He cried all night, telling me that daddy put gum in his ear. I gave him Tylenol and benedryl, to no avail. We finally got out of bed around 4 and went to the living room to watch TV. He fell asleep about 7 and we got back in bed. I got up at nine, but Landon slept til almost 11:30. And yeah, he woke up fine. Ear didn't hurt...happy as a lark. Of course, I was exhausted the rest of the day, as was Bry since he'd driven all the day before, then we kept him up til 4.

We met GJ for lunch and then did a little bit of shopping. I had ordered prints to be picked up at Walgreens. I finally got to the counter, told him our name, and they guy pulled out a envelope. I paid, then decided to take a look. Yeah, not our pictures. I told the guy, he checked the outside, but yes, that was our name, but, really, not our pictures. He didn't believe me, so I finally showed him what was in the envelope....a nice black family of five. He laughed, and went to the back and found our pictures. I told him I didn't think my Granny would quite understand the other picture.

Grandpa picked up steaks to grill. We started a fire in the fire pit, but the wind soon picked up with the cold front coming through. My brother came over for dinner, which was delicious. Brats, steaks, corn on the cob and beans. (You'll notice a theme of food for my next several posts.)

Lan slept great last night, we stayed in bed til past nine this morning. Awesome. The cold front has come through. It was a windchill of 15 this am...compared to 80 degrees yesterday! That's Texas for you.

1 comment:

  1. Funny picture story! Hope you enjoy your holiday with your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete