Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good family dinners

Bry found a roast on sale this week, we ran out of time this weekend since we both put hours in at work, so yesterday morning, I loaded up the slow cooker and headed to work. It smelled so delicious when we got home.

We had roast with onions, carrots and mushrooms, real mashed potatoes (yay to my new mixer! thanks, bry!) fried okra, and dinner rolls. Which, by the way, I love, love, love Sister Schuberts rolls. I have the recipe, but you can get them in the freezer section now. We were laughing and telling stories, and sure enough, I snorted just like Grandma! Or Aunt Sharon, or Jana or Micah, or pretty much any woman in my family. Then, of course, I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I really enjoy having good friends so close that we can share meals just like family. I love cooking food and having people in the house. When I first moved to Houston, I cried, a lot. I missed being around my family. I hated it here. It upset me knowing my sisters, cousins, family were all home together. I missed it all. So much has changed in 10 years. I believe I've finally found my home. I still miss my family, and I still get sad when one of my sisters calls and I know they're all hanging out together. But now, I have great times here, with my "family." Thanks guys.

And back to the story...

After dinner, we were going to head back over to see the lights in Dickinson. Of course, we got there late, and the boys were preoccupied with Justice League, so we decided to opt out of the walking and went to drive around a neighborhood on the other side of the freeway. We were almost finished and Maddox says something like, "I'm going to get sick of this place...I'm sick of being here." So, of course, Landon says, "I'm going to be sick in here too." They're too funny. And even funnier together, feeding off each other.

As soon as we woke up this morning, Landon wanted to know where Maddox was...and then had to ask "why" 398 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment