Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

Some things I'm thankful for...
Bryan and Landon - Bryan is the perfect guy for me. And even though he gives way too much details, he's a great husband and a wonderful dad. I love that we spend most of our days together (apart from while we're at work and even then, we usually IM or text.) I'm thankful we enjoy the same things, want the same things in life, appreciate the same things. Landon is lucky to have a dad who is always there for him, who plays with him, who wrestles with him, eats with him, gives him baths, sings good night songs to him, cuddles with him. I'm thankful for Landon, that God gave us such a great child, one that we are teaching to live just like us, that hopefully one day he will be a great a father and husband as Bryan is to us.
My family - my sisters, my brothers, my parents, my step-parents, my grandparents, all my aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews. I've been blessed to have a large family and even though we don't all agree on everything and most of us are very stubborn, we still love each other very much. Since I don't live close to them anymore, it may be weeks or months before I see or talk to some of them, but they're always ready with open arms to welcome me when we get to visit.
My friends - they're my family away from home. Always there to listen, to offer advice, to vent with me, to laugh with me, to cry with me. Even for Landon, he gets to have "family" here in Houston, people to spoil him like my family would if we were back home. (Thanks especially to Nic and Danny - who love Landon more than anything and I know he feels the same way about his Me-Cole and Ma-Dee. He loves you guys.)
My job - even with complaints about my office, my co-workers, etc...I still really enjoy what I do. I love figuring out things and correcting them, making them better, getting everyone to be happy with our products (yeah, so Docm is going to take more work...lol)
Landon's Grandparents - Landon is lucky to have his Grammy and Bubby, GJ and Grandpa Foster, Grandma and Grandpa Rhodes, Granny Foster, Grandma and Grandpa Purvis, and he was so very lucky to have two years with Grandma Calton. We live several hours away from all of them, but even from afar, they love and still manage to spoil him. (Have to add in Nana Sharon too - cause she definitely adds to the love - and the spoiling.)

There are so many things I'm thankful for...I need to be more aware that I realize that and don't take any of them for granted.

1 comment: