Friday, March 17, 2006

36 Week Checkup - No progress

So last night around 1:00 I woke up with cramps - much like menstrual cramps - and a back ache. Nothing really like contractions, just constant pain. I couldn't get back to sleep, so around 5, I headed for the living room and some TV. I still have the crampy feeling, like I'm about to start or something.

But, I had my appointment today, so I figured if anything was going on, Dr. Johnson would let me know. Yeah, that's a big NOTHING. Still 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. He said the baby's head was down, but still moving some (guess meaning he wasn't engaged or whatever.) He asked if I could time the cramps, which I can't since its just pain all the time. So, basically, see if the cramps go away and he'll see me in a week. He did suggest drinking red wine if I couldn't go to sleep - to which I must have looked at him funny because he then offered Benedryl which would do the same thing.

I don't mind that Landon's going to stay put for a while longer, I'd just like him to stay put without the cramps.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, at least you are still 2cm and 50% effaced. I think i read somewhere once someone was like 2cm dilated one week and went back and was only 1cm. UGH, how much would that suck! Anyway girl, I think you'll be going sooner than later. Keep up the sexercise that'll help. :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete