Monday, March 20, 2006

Long Weekend

Well, it was a long weekend. Bryan's parents come in on Friday night and are staying until Wednesday (I think.) They've helped us work on the garage. We have all the insulation up in the top floor and I think they may work on the sub floor up there - so its better supported and doesn't shift or something like that. We're putting up peg board in the garage downstairs so we can finally hang all our tools and get them out of the way.

The stain on the twin bed wasn't red enough so we bought a more red color and are hoping one coat will finish it up. Then will have to poly it and it will finally be ready to put in Landon's room.

We finished up the last of the baby stuff. Changing pad and cover, a couple of sheets, stuff like that. Bryan's mom bought us one of those shopping cart/hi chair cover things. I found some Tide HE free and clear, so I washed all the diaper rags, mattress pads and sheets. The diaper rags were so wrinkly I decided to iron them (I was hoping that was me starting to nest, but I don't think so.)

Saturday morning I had a few contractions but they were very irregular and stopped after I finally got some water, I was just dehydrated. But then Landon moved like crazy ALL day long. That's the first time he's done that. I mean my stomach was going crazy, you could see him from outside just turning and turning. But yesterday he was pretty calm, probably tired after all the work on Saturday.

I mowed the front and back yards yesterday, hoping that would do something. Then I tried to edge - yeah, right. We haven't edged since last November, so our grass had grown way out, so yeah, I basically jacked up the yard, but quit before I got to the front, or actually I should say Bryan came and stopped me before I got to the front. Then I picked weeds for about an hour, and I didn't even make a dent.

I did have a little bit of a breakdown last night. Guess it just finally hit me that these are the last few days of me just being me. Don't get me wrong, I love my baby and I'm very excited about him coming...it just really sank in that I have a grown up life, a house, a husband, a job, a (soon) baby. I think its just the hormones and house guests and working in the yard and not sleeping because Bryan snores like a freight train.

Let me end on a happy note. I'm going shopping after work. Just me and I'm going to buy something for just me, maybe a purse, maybe some earrings. Yay shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like all you need now is the baby! It's great that you are getting out to do some "Me" things. Have fun shopping :)

    ReplyDelete