Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Until Last Night, I didn't know...

What pregnancy pain really felt like.

Yesterday, Bryan and I met out at the short track at Gilruth. I decided I could probably keep up with him for the first half mile, so off we went. I made it 1/4 of the mile and finished the half mile about 30 seconds behind him (which by the way was about a 11 minute mile for me.) My friend Kim was at the half, so she joined me and we were able to run another 1/4 so .75 of a mile in all. Then I had to walk, which immediately sent my calves into cramps. We walked a bit, then I tried to run again. Ha! I could almost hear Landon laughing inside of me as my stomach cramped up. Needless to say, we walked another 1.25 for a total of 2 miles. Not too bad considering I haven't run in about four weeks and spent the whole weekend tearing up the backyard.

So, I finally gave in and got my hair cut. I took lots of pictures so she would know exactly what I wanted. And, great news, she did a pretty fantastic job. Its shorter, but still plenty long (it fits into a ponytail - most importantly.)

Then it was time to shop for groceries. By the time we got home, I could barely move. The inside of my thighs were killing me, from squatting in the yard plus the run, my calves kept trying to cramp up, my back was aching, and a new pelvic pain which I can't explain but you can definitely tell by looking at me - I actually iced it last night! So that's what people mean when they say their body hurts during pregnancy. I tried to make up for the work out by drinking extra water - horrible idea - I had to go to the bathroom three times during the night, each time rolling out of bed in pain, hobbling to the bathroom and don't even get me started on how it felt to try to sit down on the toilet. If I had a pillow in the bathroom, I might have just stayed there.

So that's my complaining. Sorry about that. For some happiness, I really do like my hair cut and am sooooo glad I finally did it. And if felt great to have someone play with my hair. I could go every day to have someone else shampoo it and fix it, that would be wonderful. Of course, now I realize I'm in desperate need of some color touch up.

I have an appointment with Dr. Johnson today. And then the girls are going to get pedicures. YAY! I can't wait for that. I hope I can stay awake to enjoy it. =-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the dr. today and have fun with the pedicure :)

    ReplyDelete