Monday, March 6, 2006

Weekend Warriors

Bryan and I spent the weekend working on the yard. Let's see, we mowed the front and back. Edged the back yard (still need to do the front.) Chopped off the top of two Tallow trees, good thing too, because they were starting to bud. We then spread dirt through out the back yard where we had some dead spots, seeded and then fertilized. Then we dug (hoed - is that a word) a 6 foot by 60 foot section along the back fence for a flower bed. Talk about hard work.

The flower bed is going to look nice. It goes down most of the back fence. We had to dig out the old sod and weeds that were back there. Then back fill with top soil and planting soil. Then the black weed paper stuff, then mulch. We ran out of mulch, so we'll have to go get some more this week. Right now we have about six crepe myrtles planted along the fence. We have some hibiscus that we'll put in, and some yellow broom - which we found yesterday - that will be perfect to cover up the utility boxes in the back corner.

All in all, we put out about 2000 pounds of dirt yesterday. We are tanned and sore right now. I think if I sneeze I'll rip my ab muscles. Oh, I also managed to shave Maddie, vacuum the house, and we cleaned and did laundry all weekend. Very productive.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and, for some reason, really dread getting on the scales. Oh well, what can I do.

And take a look at the pictures I posted from the shower - too cute.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, all the nice things you got at your shower! Sounds like you were nesting over the weekend! The end is coming soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete